Latest From our Blog
Some Facts about 2Pac the king of Rap you did'nt knew
So here are some facts about 2Pac one of the best rapper, record producer and actor.Shakur began his career as a roadie, backup dancer, and MC for the alternative hip hop group Digital Underground, eventually branching off as a solo artist.2Pac Is Officially a Nominee for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the First Time.
- ** Tupac’s Real Name :Tupac Shakur was given the name Lesane Parish Crooks at birth. His mother, per Norberto Briceno of BuzzFeed, renamed him Tupac Amaru Shakur after a Peruvian revolutionary who was executed after leading an uprising against Spanish oppressors. The irony of Tupac being “assassinated” sticks out, even if the deaths of the two men were rather different.
- ** When he was 13, he played Travis Younger in A Raisin in the Sun, which was performed at the Apollo Theater in Harlem to raise funds for Jessie Jackson’s presidential campaign.
- ** Tupac Was Pro Gun Control :A sad fact about the rapper is that Tupac was not the first person he knew to have been shot. According to a piece written by Jon Pareles of the NY Times, Tupac wrote his first rap about gun control. He was inspired to do so after a friend was shot.
- ** He attended Baltimore School for the Arts, where he took ballet classes. He also played the role of The Mouse King in the Nutcracker.
- ** He Was A Young Actor : Fans may remember seeing Tupac take part in projects such as Above the Rim and Poetic Justice. Tupac’s mother started his acting career earlier in his life. Tupac was, per a CBS story, enrolled in Harlem’s 127th Street Repertory Ensemble.
- ** He Went To School With Jada Pinkett Smith :Well before the world knew who they were, Jada Pinkett Smith and Tupac were classmates and friends when the two were in high school. Smith, according to the Daily Mail, discussed this relationship while appearing on The Howard Stern Show in June 2015:
- ** Shakur, under his new stage name Makaveli,completed The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory in seven days, using three days to write and record the songs and four days to mix the album.
- ** Ex-wife Keisha Morris alleges Shakur auditioned for the role of Bubba in Forrest Gump, but didn’t get the part.
- ** Shakur was supposed to play a lead role inMenace II Society, but after an altercation with co-director Allen Hughes, he was replaced with Larenz Tate.
- ** According to Shakur, while filming Poetic Justice, he was asked to take an HIV test before he could film a love scene with Janet Jackson.
- ** Tupac Loved Shakespeare:Tupac had many influences during his life. Among them were the works of William Shakespeare. Tupac talked about this during an interview with Chuck Philips of the LA Times back in 1995:It influences all my work. I really like stuff like “Les Miserables” and “Gospel at Colonus.” And I love Shakespeare.
- ** He dated Madonna Those rumors have been confirmed multiple times. What you may not know is that Madonna could have had Tupac’s baby had the two remained together for a significant length of time.
- ** In 1993, Rashida Jones, then 17, wrote an angry letter to Shakur after he criticized her father, Quincy Jones, for having relationships with white women.
- ** Before the whole East Coast vs. West Coast beef, Tupac and Notorious B.I.G. were actually friends.
- ** Me Against the World hit number one on the Billboard 200, making Shakur the first artist to accomplish this feat while serving a prison sentence.
- ** His Buddies Smoked His Ashes?: One of the stories cited by those who would stick with the idea that Tupac is truly dead is a rather weird one. It has been reported that members of the Outlawz, the rap group that Tupac founded, smoked some of his cremated ashes and some marijuana after he was murdered.